- Social Media
- Active Citizenship
- Good Giving
- Corporate Responsibility
- Be Fearless
We are always looking for energetic and talented college and graduate students, or recent graduates with a demonstrated passion for civic engagement and philanthropy to join our team as interns at the Case Foundation. If this sounds like you, please read the job description below!
Applicants with specific interest and experience in social innovation campaigns and initiatives, marketing, communications, and, web strategy are preferred.
Internships at the Case Foundation offer college students invaluable resume building work experience and networking opportunities! Not only will Interns work closely with members of the Case Foundation team and have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to many aspects of our business, but they also get to interact with our partner organizations and participate in events that feature leaders in the community. Additionally, you will participate in an ongoing research project on a topic of your choice, designed to challenge and supplement your on-the-job learning and presentation skills.
What You Will Learn
Interns are an integral part of a small team at the Foundation, and handle a variety of projects to support the Foundation's mission of investing in big ideas that can change the world. Case Foundation interns learn key philanthropy strategies, marketing and communications skills and are provided ample opportunities to engage with our partners in the nonprofit, government and corporate sectors. They will support our social innovation programs, marketing and communications efforts, interactive strategies, and office operations on a range of tasks including the following:
- Conduct research and prepare reports and/or blogs on Foundation topics of interest such as Prizes and Challenges, Technology for Social Good and Impact Investing
- Assist with grants management and learn to evaluate grantee agreements and reports
- Help with outreach to nonprofits and external partners for program activities
- Attend events on behalf of the Foundation, or for professional development opportunities
- Assist with special event planning and organization
- Contribute and help maintain/enhance social media and networking presence
- Write posts for Foundation blog and assist in blogger outreach
- Perform project-specific marketing and communications outreach
- Help to add content to our website, including resources, building our online photo gallery, as well as the video gallery
What We Require
- Undergraduate and graduate students, or recent college graduates
- Ability to commit at least 15 hours per week (flexible structure, can be broken up into 2 or 3 days per week)
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills is a must, as successful candidate will work both internally with Foundation colleagues and externally with applicants and grantees from diverse populations and communities
- Interest in and ability to work in both a team environment and alone with minimal direction
- Demonstrated personal computer skills, including basic troubleshooting and use of Microsoft Office Suite and the willingness to learn other software and web development tools
- Familiarity with social networking sites and analytics desired (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc), but we will also train
- Organized, detailed oriented with follow-up skills
- Interest in building capacity in underserved communities and championing individuals, nonprofits and social enterprises that connect people, increase giving and catalyze civic action
$9.75/hour. However if the internship is eligible for college credit, it will be unpaid. In this case, the Foundation will offer a transportation reimbursement of up to $150/month.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, using the subject line: “Internship.” In your cover letter, please outline your interest in the Case Foundation and what you hope to gain from this internship experience. We will only contact candidates who will be asked for interviews. No phone calls please.
The Case Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.